This April 18, Live Earth, a series of events “to help solve the water crisis,” will be held in locations all over the world. It is the ultimate irony that these events’ main sponsor is Dow Chemical, a corporate criminal responsible for the continued contamination of drinking water for 30,000 people in Bhopal, India and for causing severe water crises by poisoning the sources of water for people all over the world…
- In Bhopal, India roughly 30,000 people are still drinking water contaminated with heavy metals and organochlorines, resulting in an epidemic of health problems and birth defects while Dow refuses to take responsibility.
- In the North America, Dow is responsible for dangerous dioxin contamination around its global headquarters in Midland, Michigan, vinyl chloride contamination in Louisiana, dioxin & furan contamination in Western Canada.
- Dow toxins are poisoning people and ecosystems in Vietnam, South Africa, New Zealand, Brazil, and Central America.
Join us to expose Live Earth as Dow’s greenwashing front! Stand in solidarity with the people of Bhopal against this corporate propaganda! Here’s how you can get involved…
Live Earth will consist of 6 km runs/walks (the average distance many women and children walk every day to secure water), concerts, and water education activities around the world. We want to expose Dow’s lies by spreading the word about Dow’s crimes in Bhopal and beyond to those participating in Live Earth events, and we need your help!
Find a Live Earth event near you at www.liveearth.org.
1) Sign the International Campaign for Justice in Bhopal’s (ICJB) petitionagainst Dow’s sponsorship of Live Earth. www.bhopal.net/petition
2) Use our stencils to make t-shirts, signs, banners, tags, headbands, Bhopal pamphlets, etc. Attend a Live Earth event near you wearing a Bhopal t-shirt an anti-Dow t-shirt under another t-shirt. When the run starts, take off your first layer and make your statement. http://bhopal.net/petition/application/views/toolkit.html
3) Go on to live earth website and register your comments on their blog and website
4) Document your actions! Send your pictures and videos to ICJB at email@example.com to share with the international community of Bhopal supporters.
5) Where else has Dow poisoned with its toxic waste? http://bhopal.net/petition/application/views/index.html
6) See the photo exhibition & spread the word on Dow’s legacy of pain & poison http://bhopal.net/exhibition/
7) Log on to friends of live earth website (www.friendsofliveearth.org) and register yourself and post on their discussion forms and expose Dow Chemical’s green wash to rest of their members.
6) Truly help solve the water crisis by donating to ICJB, a grassroots organization composed of survivors of the Bhopal gas disaster and environmentalists worldwide working to ameliorate the crisis in Bhopal and prevent future industrial contamination.http://www.studentsforbhopal.org/?q=node/50
6) Act on your own ideas on scuttling Dow’s greenwashing attempts through Live Earth. Send us your ideas too, at justiceinbhopal. or on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=348498538304&ref=ts
Access all these tools and more at www.bhopal.net !