Knowledge is a weapon. So please consider contributing to build our arsenal. We accept no corporate or foundation funding whatsoever. Please make a donation.
Moolah Boodle Lucre Simoleonsadmin Jul 22, 2014 Foundations, Non-Profit Industrial Complex, Whiteness & Aversive Racism
July 22, 2014
By Jay Taber
Wall Street’s vertical integration of controlling consciousness is based on five components: ownership of media, fabrication of news, integration of advertising with state propaganda, financing of foundations and brokerages, and co-option of NGOs. While many well-meaning people are channeled into the latter by the concerted collaboration of all the former, the corporate agenda that determines the policies, practices and projects of these NGOs is anything but benign.
Indeed, the distractions, distortions and deceit promoted by the scoundrels, malefactors and curs — working on behalf of Wall Street villains — to mesmerize the naive in order to lead them astray, pose a lethal threat to Indigenous Peoples and their desperate movement of liberation. Pretending otherwise, in order to coddle the credulous, accomplishes nothing noble. Indeed, it only perpetuates misperceptions that urgently need to be shattered.
Two months from now, in New York City, the Wall Street/NGO convergence around climate change, Indigenous Peoples human rights, and corporate derivative philanthropy, promises to be one of the super spectacles of the decade. Shining a light on that shadowy affair is something that simply has to be done. Unfortunately, there is no painless way of doing that, for it is way past time for an awakening.
Bedlam in Gotham, meanwhile, is going to be a three-ring circus:
- September 20-21 People’s Climate Change March
- September 22-23 World Conference on Indigenous Peoples
- September 24-26 World Summit on Indigenous Philanthropy
All the Ford and Rockefeller PR puppets from the non-profit industrial complex will be swarming for media attention to keep those grants flowing. Moolah, boodle, lucre, simoleons–a love fest for compromised NGOs, philanthropic brokerages and corporate foundations.
ICs position on the brokerages and foundations undermining the Indigenous Peoples Movement is non-negotiable: IC opposes the philanthropic system of assimilating Indigenous Peoples; this is core IC policy.
These editorials illustrate that policy in more detail:
- Fording the River
- Dependence Limits Strategies
- Shaming the Rich and Powerful
- Degrees of Evil
- Theatre of the Absurd
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Here Come the COPPs
The following definitions might be unsettling, but nevertheless useful:
Artistic and intellectual customs and achievements of a particular civilization. Refined appreciation of this.
Person of abnormally weak intellect, esp. an adult with a mental age of about five.
CULTURE of IMBECILES
Ideological absence in which advertising has become the only active factor, overriding any preexisting critical judgment or transforming such judgment into a mere conditioned reflex. Inability to develop any political consciousness
[Jay Taber is an associate scholar of the Center for World Indigenous Studies, a correspondent to Forum for Global Exchange, and a contributing editor of Fourth World Journal. Since 1994, he has served as communications director at Public Good Project, a volunteer network of researchers, analysts and activists engaged in defending democracy. As a consultant, he has assisted indigenous peoples in the European Court of Human Rights and at the United Nations. Email: tbarj [at] yahoo.com Website: www.jaytaber.com]
- Peru: Mass Feminist Victory Confronts Embedded Patriarchy..Ni Una Menos
- BLACK LIVES MATTER RESISTS UHURU MOVEMENT’S MESSAGE OF BLACK POWER
- VICE’s Fall From Counterculture Hipster Rag To Neoliberal Government Mouthpiece
- VIDEO: Netflix and The White Helmets, ‘Hand in Hand with Al Qaeda’
- NVDA Training Teaches White Paternalism at Camp Standing Rock
- Canada in the Congo
- Uganda: A Brilliant Genocide
- Standing with Syria
- Erased By False Victory: Obama Hasn’t Stopped DAPL
- All Eyes On Dakota Access – All Eyes Off Bakken Genocide
- Bolivia VP Alvaro Garcia Linera on the ebbing Latin American tide
- A CONVERSATION ON THE SACRED STONE CAMP
- A Desert Oasis – A Synonym For Mirage
- WATCH: Netflix White Helmets Documentary is Pure Propaganda (Tyranny Unmasked, Trailer Remake)
- WATCH: The Real Syrian Civil Defence | The Real White Helmets
- Days of Celebration – For Those None The Wiser
- Behind the Bolivia Miner Cooperatives’ Protests and the killing of the Bolivian Vice-Minister
- ‘Activism’ and Its Consequences: Syrian Refugees Are Not Subjects for a Social Media Gallery
- Operation Condor: For More Than 50 Years the CIA Went Deep into Ecuadorean Society
- Is Venezuela on the Verge of a Another Coup?
- Declaration of the Revolutionary Government of the Republic of Cuba on Brazil Coup
- Media Conspiracy of Silence While Colombia’s Largest Indigenous Group is Dying
- WATCH: Alberta’s Environment Minister Commends Leap Manifesto’s Tzeporah Berman for Helping Craft the Tar Sands Deal
- The Dark Side of Renewable Energy: The Bottleneck of a Low-carbon Future
- The Continued Branding and Co-optation of MLK
- The Real Problem with Jill Stein
- Unworthy Victims: Houthis in Yemen and Hutus in Burundi
- SYRIA: ‘Hand in Hand’ with Al Qaeda, the Ongoing Exposure of the NGO Complex
- The Amazon Watch Campaign Against Ecuador’s Revolution
- The “Movement for Black Lives” Unveils Platform Courtesy of $100 million from Parasitic Capitalist Organizations
- Cognitive Dissonance Reigns in Louisiana – The Transition from Myth to Reality
- WATCH: The White Helmets – Al Qaeda With a Facelift
- From Stable to Star – The Making of North American “Climate Heroes”
- Oil, Contact, and Conservation in the Amazon: Indigenous Huaorani, Chevron, and Yasuni
- Press Conference: Bashar Ja’afari (Syria) and US Peace Council Representatives on Syria
- Liberal Antiwar Activism is the Problem
- Podcast: Steve Best – The Politics of Total Liberation
- Indeed, Western Civilization is in a War
- Marilyn Mosby is an Agent of the State
- The Predictable and Pathetic End of Sanders’ “Political Revolution”
- WHO ARE SYRIA’S WHITE HELMETS? on
- How Greenpeace Cashes In on the Suffering and Death of the Great Whales on
- NVDA Training Teaches White Paternalism at Camp Standing Rock on
- NVDA Training Teaches White Paternalism at Camp Standing Rock on
- VIDEO: Netflix and The White Helmets, ‘Hand in Hand with Al Qaeda’ on
Wrong Kind Of Green is a 100% volunteer, critical-thinking collective.
Knowledge is a weapon. So please consider contributing to build our arsenal. We accept no corporate or foundation funding whatsoever.
Share the Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
"Unlike the Latin American left, the pathetic European version has lost all sense of what it means to do politics. It does not try to propose concrete solutions to problems, and is only able to take moral stances, in particular denouncing dictators and human rights violations in grandiloquent tones. The social democratic left follows the right with at best a few years delay and has no ideas of its own. The “radical” left often manages both to denounce Western governments in every possible way and to demand that those same governments intervene militarily around the globe to defend democracy. Their lack of political reflection makes them highly vulnerable to disinformation campaigns and to becoming passive cheerleaders of US-NATO wars. That left has no coherent program and would not know what to do even if a god put them into power." - Jean Bricmont