Knowledge is a weapon. So please consider contributing to build our arsenal. We accept no corporate or foundation funding whatsoever. Please make a donation.
Moolah Boodle Lucre Simoleonsadmin Jul 22, 2014 Foundations, Non-Profit Industrial Complex, Whiteness & Aversive Racism
July 22, 2014
By Jay Taber
Wall Street’s vertical integration of controlling consciousness is based on five components: ownership of media, fabrication of news, integration of advertising with state propaganda, financing of foundations and brokerages, and co-option of NGOs. While many well-meaning people are channeled into the latter by the concerted collaboration of all the former, the corporate agenda that determines the policies, practices and projects of these NGOs is anything but benign.
Indeed, the distractions, distortions and deceit promoted by the scoundrels, malefactors and curs — working on behalf of Wall Street villains — to mesmerize the naive in order to lead them astray, pose a lethal threat to Indigenous Peoples and their desperate movement of liberation. Pretending otherwise, in order to coddle the credulous, accomplishes nothing noble. Indeed, it only perpetuates misperceptions that urgently need to be shattered.
Two months from now, in New York City, the Wall Street/NGO convergence around climate change, Indigenous Peoples human rights, and corporate derivative philanthropy, promises to be one of the super spectacles of the decade. Shining a light on that shadowy affair is something that simply has to be done. Unfortunately, there is no painless way of doing that, for it is way past time for an awakening.
Bedlam in Gotham, meanwhile, is going to be a three-ring circus:
- September 20-21 People’s Climate Change March
- September 22-23 World Conference on Indigenous Peoples
- September 24-26 World Summit on Indigenous Philanthropy
All the Ford and Rockefeller PR puppets from the non-profit industrial complex will be swarming for media attention to keep those grants flowing. Moolah, boodle, lucre, simoleons–a love fest for compromised NGOs, philanthropic brokerages and corporate foundations.
ICs position on the brokerages and foundations undermining the Indigenous Peoples Movement is non-negotiable: IC opposes the philanthropic system of assimilating Indigenous Peoples; this is core IC policy.
These editorials illustrate that policy in more detail:
- Fording the River
- Dependence Limits Strategies
- Shaming the Rich and Powerful
- Degrees of Evil
- Theatre of the Absurd
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Here Come the COPPs
The following definitions might be unsettling, but nevertheless useful:
Artistic and intellectual customs and achievements of a particular civilization. Refined appreciation of this.
Person of abnormally weak intellect, esp. an adult with a mental age of about five.
CULTURE of IMBECILES
Ideological absence in which advertising has become the only active factor, overriding any preexisting critical judgment or transforming such judgment into a mere conditioned reflex. Inability to develop any political consciousness
[Jay Taber is an associate scholar of the Center for World Indigenous Studies, a correspondent to Forum for Global Exchange, and a contributing editor of Fourth World Journal. Since 1994, he has served as communications director at Public Good Project, a volunteer network of researchers, analysts and activists engaged in defending democracy. As a consultant, he has assisted indigenous peoples in the European Court of Human Rights and at the United Nations. Email: tbarj [at] yahoo.com Website: www.jaytaber.com]
- Blue-washing the Colonization and Militarization of Our Ocean
- Cuba’s Achievements Over the Decades
- Salute to a Great Freedom Fighter: The Indomitable Spirit of Fidel Castro will Live Forever
- WATCH: NGOs: Grassroots Empowerment or Tool of Information Warfare?
- The Destructive Energy of Avaaz
- Understanding Netwar: Communication, Consciousness, and Social Engineering
- “Clean Energy” is a Dirty Joke
- United Against Hate or Hate being United?
- White Pedagogy: The Exclusivity of White Hegemony
- May the Earth Tremble at Its Core
- Bloodless Lies
- See it Before it’s Gone: The Paradox of ‘Last Chance Tourism’ on the Great Barrier Reef
- Instruments of Power
- A Primer: USAID and US Hegemony
- How To Talk About #NoDAPL: A Native Perspective
- PODCAST: Deconstructing the Non-profit Industrial Complex [Introduction Episode]
- LISTEN: The Lies They Tell. The Pitiful State of Environmentalism and its Neoliberalization
- Commentary: Greenwash! Now in New Improved Formula [Economic Valuation & Payment for Environmental Services]
- Update: Gandhi’s Statue at the University of Ghana Will Come Down
- This Changes Nothing: The Paris Agreement to Ignore Reality
- The Political Economy of the Paris Agreement: Preserving the Existing Social & Economic Order
- The Work of Revelations: Snowden, the Torture Report, and the Diminishing Returns of Info-Spectacles
- SMALL IS STILL BEAUTIFUL
- Leonardo DiCaprio, the Malaysian Money Scandal and His “Unusual” Foundation
- The Limits of the Political Vision of the Authors of the Leap Manifesto
- Usefully Dumb and Usefully Dumber: Naomi Klein and Glenn Greenwald
- Enough of CIA’s ‘Enough Project’ in Africa! [Avaaz, International Crisis Group, Center for American Progress]
- Modern Day White Mercenaries in the Congo
- Did Human Rights Watch Sabotage Colombia’s Peace Agreement?
- How the US Manipulates Humanitarianism for Imperialism
- The Left in Denial over Canadian Imperialism
- The Greenwashing of Wars by NGOs & the US Military
- Why Is Environmental Damage Of War Considered A Taboo Subject?
- Very Inconvenient Truths: Sex Buyers, Sexual Coercion, &Prostitution-harm-denial
- Hysteria at UN Betrays Western Terror Sponsors
- WATCH: White Helmets Backed to Win Peace Prize Despite Terror Links
- WATCH: White Helmets, Really?
- The US Is Preparing to Oust President Evo Morales
- The REAL Syria Civil Defence Exposes Fake ‘White Helmets’ as Terrorist-Linked Imposters
- Hands Off! Russian Envoy Stands Against Imposing Color Revolution on Venezuela
Wrong Kind Of Green is a 100% volunteer, critical-thinking collective.
Knowledge is a weapon. So please consider contributing to build our arsenal. We accept no corporate or foundation funding whatsoever.
Share the Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
"Unlike the Latin American left, the pathetic European version has lost all sense of what it means to do politics. It does not try to propose concrete solutions to problems, and is only able to take moral stances, in particular denouncing dictators and human rights violations in grandiloquent tones. The social democratic left follows the right with at best a few years delay and has no ideas of its own. The “radical” left often manages both to denounce Western governments in every possible way and to demand that those same governments intervene militarily around the globe to defend democracy. Their lack of political reflection makes them highly vulnerable to disinformation campaigns and to becoming passive cheerleaders of US-NATO wars. That left has no coherent program and would not know what to do even if a god put them into power." - Jean Bricmont